Wednesday 7 September 2011

Boooo.

It has happened. I have obtained the worst injury I have ever had in my life.

While playing netball the other night, I ambitiously leapt for the ball.. caught it.. and then proceeded to land this jump on my ankle. A sickening POP was heard throughout the court, I screamed, and clutched my leg. Needless to say I lost possession of the ball.

So now I am crutchin' about with my ankle in a brace, and it sucks. At first I was excited to have a sports related injury, but now I am stuck in an upstairs apartment, and I'm hungry. My hands and elbows are bruised from the crutches, and getting dressed is a mission.. I still have not showered since the event as I do not know how to tackle the situation. (I know, I'm disgusting.)

And then there's the PAIN!

Praying that it will heal up soon and I won't need to pay for xrays or physio! Hopefully it's a sprain and not a torn or snapped ligament... urgh.

Now for the gross pics...

This was about an hour after it happened.. not looking TOO bad

Just before going to bed on Monday night. My legs are usually skinny as. That is the leg (cankle?) of a fat beast. 

Last night (Tuesday) after wearing a brace all day. Check out that bruising!

This morning, the swelling appears down and the bruising worse. Still gonna rest it up for a while though. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Ohmigod.

    ICE. Ice it and elevate it and take an anti-inflammatory for the swelling and if the swelling doesn't start to go down soon you may need to spring for those x-rays. It looks bad enough for an x-ray already. I have broken and sprained both of my ankles so many different times in my life, some sports-related, some me just walking and being stupid related, so I know how the healing process is s'posed to go. Just stay off of it as much as you can (no-brainer) and keep ice on it. Sorry lady, that's one nasty looking sprain! Really hope it's not a break/tear.

    This is when you learn the value of your friends--who is willing to bring you food and/or carry you to the bathroom when you need to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, good effort! Looks nasty. Charcoal seems to have most of the treatment down so I won't bother. Hope it heals up quick and isn't any sort of fracture/break/ligament damage =\.

    Sports injuries are always the most impressive though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rach! HAHAHAAA! You are so funny in the midst of all that pain! I'd bring you food if I could...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aghhlllhlhgl :X that looks horrible!!! BUT - I'm sure you'll be fine, eventually. I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort, however the way you wrote it was kind of funny *giggles*

    feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete